This website has been created by the International Space Exploration Coordination Group (ISECG)space agencies to share information among the global space community—including government, academia, and industry—and to facilitate ongoing discussion about the exploration and potential utilisation of lunar polar volatiles.
Focus areas include the current state of knowledge, questions to be answered, and opportunities for collaboration and coordination of relevant studies, capability development, and lunar missions.
ISECG Lunar Polar Volatiles Virtual Workshops
A series of virtual workshops is being conducted to address key strategic issues, facilitate coordination among the community, and identify possible ways forward for addressing knowledge gaps and advancing technical capabilities.
- A moderator will lead the virtual workshop, supported by a panel of experts on the workshop topic.
- There will be topical presentations, discussion including commentary by panel members, as well as chat room comments/questions from participants.
- Presentation material, a recording, and a written summary of each workshop will be posted afterward to this website.
- Real-time logistics support will be provided by the NASA Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute (SSERVI).
- To join a Workshop (audio/video/charts/chat):
–Adobe Connect link: https://ac.arc.nasa.gov/polar-volatiles
–Login as “Guest” with full name please
–Audio is via VoIP (instead of regular phone line)
If you have comments/questions about this website or the virtual workshops, including:
- Suggestions for materials to post to the website (must be non-proprietary)
- Suggestions for topics to address in a future virtual workshop
please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ISECG agencies will consider posting materials that are submitted to the above email address, but there is no guarantee of this. Criteria for posting materials to this website include:
- Relevance of the submission to the topics addressed on this website and in the workshops, in the context and timeframe of the Global Exploration Roadmap
- Maturity and quality of the submission